Problems with subsites

Topics: Bugs, General Discussion
Dec 14, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Hello,
I am finding that when I make a virtual directory under a site that uses AIP the sub-site will break, saying it cannot find the DLL. If I copy the DLL into the bin folder for the sub-site (which does not use it) then the sub-site works again. How can I make the code in the virtual directory have no dependency on AIP?
Dec 14, 2007 at 7:14 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure why that's happening but I suspect it's because the web.config file in your sub site is inheriting from the web.config in the parent site.

Have you added the dsweb\autoInputProtection section to the parent's web.config? If not then I'm probably wrong about this assumption. If I'm correct then you can try creating a location element, which should point to the web page in which AIP is being used, and place it around AIP's section in the parent web.config file. But if the problem is not the actual section but the section definition instead, then I think the only solution may be, if your site's not on a shared host, to try adding the AIP assembly to the GAC:

gacutil /i DaveSexton.AutoInputProtection.dll
Please let me know if and how the problem is solved so that I can add this information into the documentation.

- Dave